Murchison, Tasman - view map
Start date: As soon as possible
- One day per week
- See the great outdoors
- Family friendly living and stunning scenery
We are seeking a general practitioner to work one day a week for a friendly GP practice. The role will involve attending to patients that may need emergency care (brought in by an ambulance).
When clinically indicated a visit to the hospital will be required for the purposes of:
• Reviewing acute inpatients and documented ongoing clinical care
• Carrying out medication prescribing requirements.
• Discussion with other health professionals, requirements relating to rehabilitation, discharge planning and referral to other services.
• Communication with patients and family in relation to conditions and treatments.
• Assessment and care of medical needs of continuing care patients as required.
Murchison is a rural service town, with a permanent population of approximately 1100, located half way between Nelson and Westport, bordering the Kahurangi and Nelson Lakes National Parks. During the summer it becomes a destination for holiday makers seeking the great outdoors. Activities on offer include great fishing, rafting, walking, white water kayaking, jet boating, and mountain biking.
Take a look at what Murchison can offer here.
How to apply
Contact Sarah Fearon, Relationship Manager for a confidential discussion on +64 4 495 5885OR