Raetihi, Whanganui - view map
Start date: As soon as possible
- Friendly and close-knit team
- Great location for outdoors person
- On the edge of beautiful National Parks
This close-knit practice is seeking a committed general practitioner to join their friendly team. This is a permanent or fixed term role and you will be working eight to ten sessions per week. This is an excellent location for the outdoors person- skiing, tramping, mountain biking, hunting and fishing all at our doorstep. If you are warm and out-going and able to work with a diverse range of people then this is the right role for you.
There are approximately 3700 enrolled patients at the practice. The patient base is low socio-economic, with most of the population under 50 years of age. Around 49% of the patients are Maori and 48% are NZ European.
Waimarino is the area that covers Ohakune, Raetihi, National Park, Waiouru and the small towns in between. The practice draws its population from this area.
1. We are part of the Ruapehu District Council, and come under the Manawatu – Whanganui area.
2. Our community stats are here.
3. The tribal links of local iwi are to the Whanganui River or to Mt Ruapehu.
4. The town links to the land – living (farming or gardening) and playing (hunting, fishing, team sport, biking, tramping, skiing & boarding).
Raetihi was once one of the most remote settlements in New Zealand. It is located at the junction of State Highway 4 and 49, 11 kilometres west of Ohakune. The population of Raetihi is recorded as being 1002 people.
Founded in 1893, Raetihi originally relied on the Whanganui River for access. Nearly 15 years later, the town was finally connected by road to Whanganui. This friendly historic town has the oldest theatre in the southern hemisphere. It’s also a place to source a wild kiwi encounter in the nearby Waimarino Forest. Close to both the Tongariro and Whanganui National Parks, Raetihi is a handy base for hikers, kayakers and snow sport enthusiasts. The Turoa ski field is only 40 minutes away.
Take a look at the Raetihi / Whanganui region here.
How to apply
Contact John Ferguson, Relationship Manager for a confidential discussion on +64 021547650.OR